Sunday, October 10, 2010

10K run in December

4th_Elf_Classic_LARGE.gif


I have been running regularly with the intention of doing a half-marathon within the next 3-4 months. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a Saturday race on a preferable weekend. I did however find a 10K, which will work out awesome because then it'll force me to focus on picking up my pace (which I definitely need because I've been getting the miles in, but have been running SO SLOW). So I'm planning to run the Elf Classic on December 11th in Orlando. It's the perfect weekend because it's the Saturday after finals week. The cool thing about this race is that it is in the evening - at 5pm. This will be nice because we'll be able to make this event a day trip; drive up in the morning & attend the temple, and then finish the day with a SWEET 10K run.

2 comments:

barb said...

That' s a great idea! Good for you! I'd come to run with you, but you could never keep up with my 30 minute mile.:D

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

ha ha just talk to my brother caleb - he actually developed my workout plan so i can get ready for the race :D