- people telling me "you look like you've lost weight." thanks. i have lost weight. i am well aware of how dreadful i look and i am doing the best i can to deal with it.
- people offering suggestions. that's great if i haven't already tried it, but chances are i have tried it. ginger. yuck. makes me want to throw up. i've tried different teas. i try to eat every couple hours. i've tried a homeopathic nux vomica. i've tried b6. it's not my vitamin making me sick, because i can't even swallow it. yes i am on chewable vitamins right now. i am currently trying sea-bands (thanks heidi). zofran & phenergan aren't even reliable, but they do help a little. saltines & soda don't do a thing for me in my sickest part of the day. preggie pops, queasy drops, jolly ranchers, mints, gum... yikes these things are tearing up my mouth and ruining my teeth i'm sure. i'm trying to stay hydrated with popsicles, vitamin water, and juice (and water when i feel like i can drink it).
- how i feel during the day. one day left of school...THIS WEDNESDAY!!! wooohooo! if i can sleep through the day, life is good. there is one time of the day i can eat - the evening. ask me to eat before 3 or 4pm? good luck. last wednesday i ate a total of 3 lousy saltine crackers the whole time i was at school. and yes i had a lunchbox full of food with me.
- how i can't sleep at night now. since i've been sleeping through the oh-so-awful daytime, i have a hard time falling asleep at night (hence the late night post). but really this isn't such a big deal after wednesday since i will have no morning commitments to come :D
- my sedentary lifestyle. i want to workout. however, i have a problem even standing for more than a couple of minutes. so i don't anticipate this changing anytime too soon.
- commercials with food, scenes in movies with people eating, smells of good food that i know i wouldn't be able to eat (so yes when morgan eats, i am usually in my room with the door closed).
Today I had my first appointment at my birth center with the midwife. I was annoyed because she kept offering advice of things I had already tried (hence my rant of what I am sick of). She also said that we need to work on my appetite... Yes. Great idea. How the heck do I work on having a better appetite when I can barely eat 3 saltines during the day? Believe me, if I could have eaten more, I would have. I know, she's trying to help and wants to see me doing better. I'm just ready to stop beating a dead horse, because I'm doing what I can. Ok, time for the good news, Baby's heart rate sounds good. It was about 160 today.
The truth is I am dying to start making more things for the little one, but I want to know the gender first. 8 more weeks to go!!!
3 comments:
all i can say is ditto to everything.... nothing worked for me....i just had to stay alive until i finally got over it. i am sorry u feel so sick. love ya and hang in there!
Wow sounds like my pregnancy. I would always crave chili from Wendy's in the evening, with saltines of course. I think it was something like the protein in it. I'm so sorry for you. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Honestly, once your commitments are over and you can sleep all the time, you will feel a lot better.
Wow. You sound like my sister-in-laws pregnancy. She finally got over this sick thing at about 20 something weeks. Not that that helps or anything. I wish I could distract you with awesome adventures, but you're currently a bazillion states away. Take a bath, that helped my sister-in-law at her worst.
PS. Sorry in advance if you've ALREADY tried the bath remedy. :)
Post a Comment