Saturday, August 27, 2011

August in a whirlwind



This month was busy busy. It started off with Morgan's parents visiting us, finding out we had to move, moving, and ended with my family of 8 visiting us.

We had a great time with Morgan's parents. We went on an airboat ride and saw some really cool gators & birds, went to the beach, shopping, etc. Morgan & his stepdad, Dan, went down to the keys to go fishing one day and had a blast. We ate some great food & had a great time swimming in our pool that was finally operable (1st pic on top). We miss it!


We had to move from our current secluded 3 acre property because it sold. We were sad to move from our cute little guest house & leave our Pembroke Pines ward that we love so much. I miss my amazing young women!

We moved into a guest house over by Las Olas and by my hospital. We now get cell phone service in our house = no more missing calls!!! woohooo! That is a plus for sure :)

My family came to visit us & to attend my graduation from Nova Southeastern University. It was one crowded house, but it was a BLAST! We did a lot of beach, they went up to Orlando for a day, went to the everglades to see some gators and Kimball even got to ride a gator (alright the last part was a lie :). It was weird to have a full house & feel like I was home again, but here in Florida.



Update on Pregnancy: I am 29 wks & in my 3rd trimester! This baby is getting big and strong! Had a real strong craving last week for Taco Bell & my plain old bean burrito was DELICIOUS :) The newest thing is that when little baby kicks in one corner - I will feel it in the opposite corner too. That's how I know she's getting so big! She loves hanging out in the top right part of the uterus - can't tell if it's her head or bum, but it makes it really uncomfortable to sit sometimes because she positions herself right there under my rib...

According to BabyCenter, she is 2 1/2 lbs & a little over 15 inches long. I had a scare this last week when I was getting contractions about 15 minutes apart...yikes! However, no pain or cramping, and baby was still moving so the midwife said it was ok. Now I am back to normal where I still get lots of braxton hicks, but not so regular & frequent. At my 28 wk appointment, my midwife measured my fundal height at 25 inches (it should be 28 or at least within 2 cm of that), so I'm having an ultrasound this Wednesday to make sure she's measuring ok.


2 comments:

Evan and Amber said...

My midwife says that sometimes if you have a long torso the fundal height will seem shorter than "normal." Glad everything is ok. I can't wait for our girls to be BFFs

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

yeah i thought it was interesting because i had an appointment with the midwife that owns the practice right before that & she didn't seem concerned. i really wasn't worried but didn't mind having an ultrasound & getting some new pics :)