

I had my first scare this last weekend while working. I'm use to getting braxton hicks contractions & sometimes more frequently than others. But Saturday took it to a whole new level for me. It wasn't just the contractions, but that it hurt - cramping & back pain. I told my preceptor & she told me to sit down & drink water. I started timing the contractions... they were every 5 minutes. After 30 min I called the birth center to talk with a midwife. She suggested I go home, lay down, drink a ton of water, continue to time the contractions & she would call back in an hour. So I left work early, but the contractions only slowed down initially. I wasn't having the pain I was having before & that seemed to be the only change right away. The next hour they were back up to every 5 minutes, but still no pain. Took a bath & then went to bed. That's the end of the scary story. I was already thinking she would come early with all the braxton hicks I've been having from early on & my mom always had her babies 3 wks early.... but 3 wks early would be the earliest I want her coming. Hoping she doesn't come sooner than that. Just keep cooking sweet little baby :)
1 comment:
I'm getting all anxious for you, checking your blog everyday to see if your baby girl has arrived! Hope she cooks long enough so she can come out medium rare, extra tender! :)
Post a Comment