People say that the 2nd trimester is the honeymoon of the pregnancy & that you see a return of different symptoms in the 3rd trimester. So far I have found that to be true. Although, I can't say my 2nd trimester felt like a honeymoon since I have never had complete relief of my nausea & vomiting... or even heartburn for that matter. I had to keep myself from eating chips & salsa, spaghetti or anything with red sauce, nacho cheese dorrito chips, etc. to avoid how awful I would feel afterward with the heartburn (and that was even after eating some tums). Well it has gotten worse in the 3rd trimester. I was so excited to make it to the grocery store the other week & finally get my starburst I had been craving... just to find that it gave me terrible heartburn? That really surprised me. Who knew starburst could give you heartburn. In my 2nd tri the nausea & vomiting was less frequent, once a week at the most. That seems to be speeding up now :( And I'm wondering if zofran even works for me anymore. Not that it every worked amazing, but it's not preventing me from feeling nauseous or even throwing up. I've been feeling really crummy lately & haven't had a great appetite due to that but for some reason I am always in the mood for a bean burrito from taco bell come dinner time.
I'm noticing that it's hard to put socks & shoes on. Most the time I wear flip flops or my danskos that just slip on. The other week Morgan wanted to go for a run, so I rode the bike while he ran. In getting ready, Morgan actually put my shoes on for me - it's hard to reach that far down. Now I try to imagine if I was as big as a typical 8 month pregnant woman... I don't think I'd even be able to put my socks on...
Baby girl gets hiccups A LOT. Today she had the hiccups 3-4 different times. Morgan doesn't like it when she gets the hiccups & always tells me to jump up & down or do jumping jacks. Sometimes I wonder if I should be doing anything when she gets them...
Cravings/foods that I love... I already mentioned my bean burritos from taco bell, medium cheddar cheese, string cheese, cookies & cream ice cream, and I would almost say starburst except now I don't like them because of the heartburn.
2 comments:
That is so funny that you have craved burritos. Corbin teases me that when I am pregnant we have tacos every night. We dont have it every night....it just seems like it.
i love it! we've always loved mexican :)
Post a Comment