Saturday, July 14, 2012

Our time in Limbo!

We left Florida on May 31st. It was a little bit hard since that has been our home for the past 4 years. Toward the end we were getting anxious to leave since our apartment was becoming more and more empty each day, sleeping on an air mattress and essentially having nowhere to even sit. We sold & gave away all of our furniture & bigger items and flew to Spokane. We spent time in Spokane, Lewiston, Kooskia, Idaho Falls, Provo, Rexburg, Alberta (Canada), and have finally made it over to Tacoma. We had a great time visiting with lots of family and I am thrilled to be somewhat settled now and start to have a routine again.

We started off in Spokane. Morgan's cousin got married. Carly was being hilarious while she was sitting in her carseat & I was eating. She was giggling & smiling.  


Carly with her Uncle Corbin & Aunt Andrea 
  Spokane river

Visiting Carly's Great Great Grandma Irene in Kooskia, ID
Carly's Great Grandma Joyce
An almost 5 generation picture (just missing Morgan's dad)
  
PROVO. Yes this is where morgan & I met! And the first University I attended - Brigham Young University. 



 This is the exact classroom where we had our advanced english class. We sat in the desks we always sat in & assumed the position we were usually in... yes we always talked during class & usually got in trouble too...


 Kimball loved Carly, "Aunt Chelsey, I love your baby Carly." It was so fun to see them interact. Mainly Kimball kissing & hugging Carly & Carly being confused :)

 We also spent some time in Rexburg, ID. We got to see Josh & Elise's apartment & walk around BYU-I campus.

 Although this picture would have you believe that Sam is about to land on his head, he actually was doing a backflip and landed on his feet. It was a success!
 We spent our 4 year anniversary in Spokane, WA and went to Frank's diner for breakfast. It was a sweet place - part of a train. The wait was long, but worth it. The food was delicious!



 Welcome to Canada. We made it across the border! And then crossed it at least twice each day while we were there. Yes, our passports got a lot of use. 
 We kept seeing bears left and right while we were there. Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but someone in our group saw at least 1 each day. We even were followed by one in Glacier National Park. 


 Carly liked her hiking backpack. Actually fell asleep in it a few times. 



 Morgan & his Dad. Matching jackets? Yes and I LOVE those jackets!


 My mother in law, Diane, caught this 15 lb lake trout. And it was delicious, let me tell you!
Cardston, Alberta Temple





 Thanks Grandma Deanna for the cool shirt!
Pre-Grizzly bear photo....

2 comments:

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

OH no you didn't come to Provo without saying hi!! No, no, it's too late. Our friendship musn't go on. Oh ok, I'm kidding. I know you were so busy and making quick trips everywhere. I'm so glad you made it and are almost all settled into your new place. I'm glad you're at least a state away from me. Will and I want to take a trip WA, so I'll have to call you when we decide when that trip will be.

Jennifer Karyn said...

Chelsey!! This trip looks like so much fun. I am a bit jealous. Canada is so beautiful I wish I could go! Carley is so dang adorable. Welcome back to the West Coast :)