Carly's birthday officially began when her Grandma Barb came to visit. She LOVED playing with Grandma. This weekend (Nov 2-4) was when she started crawling. So exciting!
On Carly's actual birthday, Nov 9th, we celebrated by going to the zoo and then having cupcakes.
Carly likes her new stroller/walker, but probably loved the box it came in just as much. These past couple of months have been kind of crazy. It seems like we're just cruising through the milestones now and I can't keep up with the journaling. The week Carly turned 11 months she started scooting, then started crawling right before turning 1. Now she speed-crawls every time the fridge or dishwasher is open, or if she sees something she's not supposed to have. She just started pulling herself up last week. She's still figuring out what to do when her legs start getting tired (she starts fussing, but doesn't know how to get down :). One of her favorite things to do is to crawl underneath the table, all the while stopping and looking back (waiting for me to start chasing her). She loves playing peekaboo/hide & seek. Just this last weekend, she's started to imitate what I do with her stuffed animals/baby doll, like giving them kisses & rocking them to sleep, patting them. She's been giving me kisses for a couple of months now, but has started to recognize the word more and more. She knows who daddy is, what a drink is, etc. She's quite the little smarty pants. I can't believe how time just continues to fly by. Well, I sure love this baby girl with so many smiles to give and love that is unconditional (for now). Every stage has been so fun, and she just keeps getting funner (if that's a word).
Funny moments
I will get a piece of pumpkin bread and share pieces with her. Yesterday, we were eating a piece, and she started poking holes in the bread with her finger. She really cracks me up.
For some reason she loves the bathrooms. Maybe because I don't really let her go in there (because I think it's gross)? Anyway, whenever she sees the door open, it's a mad dash.
She's learning how to hand us things (rather than just take them). The first time I saw this, she was playing with her daddy. Take his glasses off his face, hand them back. Daddy puts them back on. She grabs them off, then hands them back.... over and over and over and over. What a fun game.
She loves to walk now (not on her own). Whenever she's being set down now, she assumes you're going to keep holding her hands and she starts taking steps. Exciting!
The other day I was eating some beef jerky, I had just ripped a piece into 2 pieces, but paused because I was watching a movie. She crawled right up and ate a piece right out of my hand. Ok, technically she didn't eat, she proceeded to chew/suck on it for the following 10 min. Until I finally took it from her. Haha she likes to eat whatever we're eating.
Now that she's mobile, as she kind of wakes up in the night/during nap time, she'll move around in her bed. Every once in a while, if I check on her (or I hear her keep fussing), I'll find her sleeping in some pretty random positions. And they look really uncomfortable most of the time.
We go to the pool at the Y a lot and she always LOVES the lifeguards. She usually won't focus on me & what I'm trying to have her do because she's smiling/waving to the lifeguards. Maybe it's the bright red? That and she loves staring at the kids that are swimming.
3 comments:
Loved reading all the new things she is doing! She is so sweet!Thanks for keeping us updated!
Autumn loves the bathroom too. She just figured out that the toilet lid comes up! She still won't give kisses though. So jealous of you!
thanks andy! yeah the bathroom - so i thought it had to do with her jungle shower curtain, but she's just as excited to go in our bathroom & it's boring lol. she hasn't kissed morgan yet, so we're still working on that one.
Post a Comment