Friday, January 11, 2013

New Years Resolutions

My friend Amber posted on her new years resolutions, so I thought it would be a good idea to post mine. That way I can remember, and be held accountable for them.


  1. Work out 3 x week minimum (run at least 2 x week). And I decided I would create an incentive for my working out! As long as I do the minimum each week, I get to buy something at the end of the month. Woohoo! I can't wait!
  2. Create 4 2-week meal plans & shopping lists. This way I can rotate dinner ideas and we're not eating the same things from week to week.
  3. Monitor and reduce the time spent on the computer/entertainment. I have a friend that posted about this and it got me thinking that I spend way too much time doing this. I've decided to wear my watch and let my chronograph (timer) go every time I get on the computer. This way I'm consciously seeing how much time I'm essentially wasting. I just decided this last night actually, so I don't have a specific goal in mind just yet. So far, today has been really good though :)
  4. Read through my gospel doctrine lesson Sunday, work on a little each day, and have it printed and ready to go Friday. This is actually what I have been doing for my lessons already, but it's worked great, so my goal is to stick with it. I'm also trying to improve my teaching, so I've been reading "Teaching, No Great Call..." to try to improve little by little. 

1 comment:

Evan and Amber said...

Rice and tilapia one night. You could substitute for salmon if needed but I happen to know that Morgan likes his tilapia fillets. Totinos pizza is also a can't miss dinner item. My mouth is watering just thinking about one.

- Evan