Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Freeze time

I kind of want to freeze time right now. I am loving the stages my kids are in and I'm getting nervous about them getting any bigger. I'm still amazed looking at my 2 1/2 yr old thinking - you used to be so little. Now she is mischevious and getting so smart.

Carly

  • Is in love with buses. We're driving in the car and whenever she sees a bus she yells "IS A BUS!!!" Then she tells me what color it is. And when we see a truck, she usually says "Daddy's truck." 
  • Likes to count. Without fail she leaves out #s 3 & 4. So it's usually "One, two, five, six, eight, nine…." A combo of any given # 1-9, but never including 3 & 4.
  • Eats oatmeal for breakfast every morning without fail. The morning starts with "Mama?" "Yes, Carly?" "I'm hungry." "Ok, what do you want to eat?" "OATMEAL!" with a very big smile.
  • Loves ranch. Lately when I've asked her what she wants to eat for lunch, her reply is "Ranch." Of course with a little smile.
  • Gets excited when she sees animals. The typical animal we see on the go is dogs. The few times that people have let her pet the dog, results in Carly giggling/being a little shy and ultimately touching the dog's back with her pointer finger. I guess that's how she pets dogs.
  • Loves her baby brother. She interacts with him by kissing him - especially his hands, hugging him and sitting on him. Perhaps she thinks he will move when she sits on him? The funny thing is that he rarely gets upset, probably because he weighs almost as much as her.
Benson
  • Crawls all over the house these days. Yesterday I was vacuuming and he was following me. He was a little upset - partly because I was out of view and partly because as I kept moving, the vacuum cord kept moving further away from him.
  • Loves cords. He's always finding our power cords. Baby proofing I don't recall doing with Carly, so now I need to figure out what to do….
  • Can sit up on his own. We lowered his crib a couple days ago because he started sitting up in his bed - making me a bit nervous. 
  • Gets his thumb stuck in his binky. Then he chews on his binky thumb.
  • Is always teething? I am looking forward to the never-ending drooling stage to be over. Everything ends up drooly/wet. He's always attacking anything he can get his hands on, but he especially likes to bite/lick/eat my face and shoulder. 
  • Licks himself in the mirror. He gets mad when he tries to crawl into the mirror and just can't make it further. 
  • Loves bananas, pears, applesauce and sweet potatoes. So far any other veggies have to be mixed with sweet potatoes for him to eat them. 
Sunday before last






Yesterday we went to Owen Beach. It was gorgeous. I'm not used to taking pics in such a bright sun, so I'm still learning. Don't judge :)










1 comment:

Rach said...

That is so funny that he gets his finger stuck in his binkie - Myla's started getting stuck this week and I thought it was the funniest thing! These kiddos.... :)