Monday, January 19, 2015

The Odenwalder's in WA!!!

So let's be real for a minute. We totally miss all of our Florida friends. We especially have deep friendships with those families who were attending dental school the same time as us. It's been 2 1/2 yrs since we've seen our friends - since we lived in Florida. So last month when we heard our friends would be coming up in the area - we were ecstatic!!! Not the happiest of circumstances, but we were thrilled we got to see them.

It was a crazy weekend, but so fun. My favorite part was our date night at Duke's Chowder House. It was so great & relaxing that I didn't even think of taking a picture - bummer! I got "Off the Hook Stuffed Salmon" and had some of the award winning Clam Chowder. It was really good. Not to mention - blueberry lemonade! Sean & Amy ordered one and kept saying how good it was after every drink. Needless to say, I ordered one and it was awesome.











Can you guess which are my favorite? I love doing crazy poses :D

One of the things I learned from Amy during their stay (that I want to incorporate) is quiet-time at bedtime. On Friday night - she had the kids get ready for bed at 7 and then they had time to read books. I loved that. I guess I've thought of reading & quiet time during the day, but not at night. For myself it's been the most successful way for me to fall asleep. So one of my goals this week is to incorporate this into the bedtime routine. I'm really excited & tonight it went well.

We discussed a Nova-dental reunion/rendezvous in Florida. Perhaps we need to start planning & getting the word out.... Until next time Odenwalder's!!!

No comments: