Wednesday, October 20, 2010

RUNNING & RUNNING HARD

Alright so I need to post about my running so that it is documented and then it will help motivate me to get faster. After finding the 10K race on December 11th, I talked with my brother, who is a hard-core runner, exercise-science minor, etc. , to develop a workout plan (click on this link if you want to take a look at his running blog - RUNFEARLESS). He has a SWEET book that will come up with speed workouts based off of time trials. So Monday (10/11) I ran a 10K time trial in 59:36. Tuesday (10/12) I did a 4m run easy. Thursday (10/14) I did a workout known as a fartlek (you do a certain time of fast running, then of easy running; mine was 2:00 easy, 0:30 fast for 30 min). Saturday (10/16) I ran 8 miles in 1:30:xx (Click on link to see run). Monday (10/18) I did 6m in 56:06 :D. Tuesday (10/19) I did an interval workout 8x800meters with 2min rest in between (that workout was hard because I was still sore from Monday's 6m run), intervals were: 5:15, 4:12, 4:35, 4:30, 4:37, 4:37, 4:35, 5:01. If you're noticing the first & last 1/2 miles to be SLOW it is because I used those as my warm-up & cool-down :D. I am working hard & can already feel & see myself getting faster. WOOT!

1 comment:

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

I'm so proud of you, woman! That's what I want to do for my next half-marathon. Intervals! Definitely helps speed up your time and it's so good for you. For some reason, I feel like going for a run..:D