Saturday, November 6, 2010

Running Update

Ok so I'm picking up from where I left off on the last running post. I got the flu shot on Tuesday (10/19) and then felt crummy Wed & got the flu Thurs (so no workout on Thursday which should have been a fartlek speed workout). Saturday (10/23) I ran 7 miles, it was a pretty good run since being sick before that. Monday 10/25 was 6 miles. This was another not very good run in 1:01:??. Wednesday 10/27 was 8x800 intervals: 4:11, 4:23, 4:26, 4:33, 4:46, 4:58, 4:44, 4:50 (normally I do this workout Tuesday but i was really sore so I did this on Wed). Thursday 10/29 was my fartlek run (2 min easy 30 sec hard) for 3.5 miles. Saturday 10/31 I ran 9 miles - not a great run for me. I went in the afternoon, it was super hot and I took Gatorade with me... Don't worry I learned my lesson & won't make that mistake again :D Water from there-on out. I don't know the exact time for that run, my watch broke the day before = frustrating! I think it was about 1:4?:??. Yes, SLOW, but that's alright because I have never run 9 miles before. Monday 11/1 I did 6 miles and realized that my asics are not the perfect size for my feet because it was really hurting my toes. Ok run at 59min. Tuesday 11/2 was 8x800 intervals: 4:40, 4:24, 3:25, 4:30, 4:42, 4:31, 4:41, 4:35. This was a great workout. Thursday 11/4 was Fartlek of 2min easy 30 sec hard and I did 4 miles/40 minutes. AND FINALLY, Today Saturday 11/6 I ran 10 MILES!!! The weather here has been BEAUTIFUL :D My time was 1:41:24 = 10:15min/mile. I was sad because my ipod was dead but it turned out to be a great run!! Knees & left shin have been sore but I've been icing + ibuprofen. Mandy showed me a knee exercise tonight. Open to any other suggestions :D

I love my running toys, by the way. I got a nice waterbottle that goes on your hand (I got the hot pink one :D) and I got an ipod arm band, both from Amazon. I love them! They have been working GREAT! The waterbottle is sweet because it's lightweight & fits the perfect amount of water. It also has a pouch that I can put my house key in!

No comments: