


Yesterday was the last time I will talk to my brother Jacob for 2 years. Crazy. April was the last time I saw him so it'll be 2 1/2 years of seeing him in person (skype doesn't count). Jacob is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 2 years in Korea. Yesterday he reported to the Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT and I got to talk to him on the phone just a few hours before that (in between my classes). The shock began to set in for me the night before. I just can't believe that he's gone. I'm gonna miss that kid. I'm gonna miss all the phone calls I would be getting from him on a day to day basis. I'm gonna miss the times I'm talking to my mom on the phone and he keeps trying to call me at the same time. I'm gonna miss goofing around with him at Christmas time and making sweet movies. Jacob, you are awesome. You will make a great missionary. Work hard & make the most of those two years. Learn all the lessons you can.
See you in 2 years.
1 comment:
Hopefully he has a mission president that allows calling family members outside of his parents. Then you can talk to him on christmas and Mother's day. Well, not this Christmas, he will be in the MTC. Don't worry tho Chelsea, you have mr. (soon to be Dr.) Morgan Ball with whom you can snuggle buggle, and talk to. He has a good listening ear and very insightful comments that reach the depths of your soul and will change you forever. But good luck, i'm sure he'll do fine.
Evan not Amber
Post a Comment