
Today was amazing. Wow! What a hard, long day. But, at the end of the day, my nurse wanted me to try putting an IV in a patient. Of course, as soon as I hear that I get a little nervous. Our patient did not have amazing days and yes he was a hard stick. BUT TODAY, nobody picked the vein for me, or guided my hand or really had to tell me step by step what to do. Today, I felt like I conquered the world when I got a #22 in a very small vein. And that made the whole day worth it. Life is good. Real good.
2 comments:
Way to Go Chelsea! I hope there is a special place for those patients who let students "practice" on them. How else would we learn and gain experience right? Make sure Mo-Mo gives you a nice pat on the back!!!!!
Nacho Libre? Because I just wrote a post and quoted the same line from Nacho. And, just was reading your post and saw that you put, Life is good, Real good. It made me laugh super hard. Great minds think alike. :)
Post a Comment