Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My new job + 15 wks

Today I received an oh so important phone call from Broward General Human Resources offering me a RN position. This is the floor I have been externing on since August 2010. Yes, 10 months! It has been my favorite floor & it's exciting & fast-paced. I love it. I have had the best preceptor, the best nurse manager, and I have been learning so much. When I went in for my interview, I hadn't been on the floor for about a month. It felt like home being there. Great staff & just a good feeling. I'm still externing now, but I can't wait to take my NCLEX so I can start working as a RN :D

I am 15 wks this week and life has been so good. I noticed the big change at 14 wks. I have been able to exercise, carry out a regular routine, and even go to a 12 hr hospital shift without throwing up. Eating real food has been wonderful! The exciting baby news of the month is that we find out the gender on June 22nd! We can't wait!!

3 comments:

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

Congratulations, Chels! That's gotta feel good to have everything fall into place. I'm happy for you! :D

The Chamberlain Family said...

I am so excited for you. I especially cant wait to know if I have a niece or nephew. I hope you live close....

Jenna said...

Chelsey!!! I am SOOOooOO stinkin' excited for you guys on your pregnancy!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear what you are having!! I am about 33 weeks along and so excited for all the fun adventures expanding our family will bring. You guys are going to LOVE it too and be the BESTEST parents ever TO THE MAX!!! AND Way to go on the new position and becoming a nurse!! Woo hoo!! So happy for you!!! Hope everything keeps going well, especially now that you can finally eat normal food/meals again!! Things will just keep getting better! (minus the whole actually GOING through labor, but it will be totally worth it!!) love ya! =D