
Baby Trend jogging stroller :D

Graco Flip-It Travel system
I like this one because of the animal theme & changing table.
This one is my absolute favorite because it has elephants that I love. And a little changing table.

I love the ruffles on this one. No changing table though.
Ok, so I'm wondering what are the bare essentials for the first 6 months of a baby's life? Obviously a crib/pack n play, stroller, and car seat... Advice/suggestions? Do you like the graco infant car seat that snaps into the stroller? If you only bought a pack n play and weren't planning on buying a separate changing table, would you definitely get a pack n play that comes with a changing station? Jogging stroller vs regular stroller?
14 comments:
Chelsey,
I have had four different infant car seats and the best by far is the graco car seat. It is so easy to use and I love it with the travel system.
Make sure you have Ivory brand bar soap. Works best for baby poop stains.
Also, the car seat snapping into the stroller was wonderful.
hmm, we have a stoller (carseat doesn't strap in) and we haven't used it at all yet, mostly cause we babywear (ergo or moby) but it could be nice if you are going to be walkinga lot/carrying stuff, or when baby is older, not sure.... if you like a pnp without the changing table, get it! we didn't buy a changing table, we put a changing pad on top of our dresser (it's one of those low long ones, i bought it on craigslist and repainted it), and we only change him in there maybe twice a day, the rest is out in the living room or wherever... i love the elephant theme!
Without a doubt, the essentials for the first six months of a baby's life are: 1. food
2. clothing
3. shelter
Trust me, I've been there...29 years ago, but I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for number 1. That's for sure. I hoped this helped Chelsea!
Chelsea, I almost forgot, a good pediatrician is also essential. Don't worry about a dentist tho, definitely not essential. :-)
HAHAHA! Your friend Evan is a crack up! Ok, so that last pack-n-play is more like a bassinet...pretty sure.It is about half the size of a regular one. You don't want that because then you have to buy a bigger one in just a few months. Love the elephant theme. So cute. I'm with your friend, Tara. We never use a changing table. It's so inconvenient to have to be in a certain room to change a diaper. That's just me though. I bought a matching carseat and stroller and ended up selling the stroller after just a few months and getting a jogging stroller. It's nice for the 1st 3-4 months and then you really want a jogging stroller. Might I suggest one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Graco-SnugRider-Infant-Stroller-Frame/dp/B0007KMUH4
Ok, this is getting long...I'm gonna message you.
I never had a pack n play, so I dont have a suggestion, but I did have a stroller that you could clip in the car seat. It was nice sometimes. Like if I needed to carry a lot of items, I could store them in the basket underneath the stroller and it is nice when young babies sleep a lot and you can transfer them without waking them up. But after having 4 kids, my umbrella stroller became my favorite. It is light weight, easy to fold and store and it costs $9 at Walmart. I just hang my diaper bag from the handles or wear a backpack!
Holy craziness, we need to talk! I love you Chelsea and miss your face. I love our Graco car seat, it's easy to use and Landon loves sleeping in it. And, I got the stroller frame to go with it. I love that it is light weight and easy to carry. Landon is not big enough for me to use my jogging stroller yet, so I can't give you recommendations on that. I don't own a changing table, I have a changing pad that goes wherever the baby happens to be. It works well and takes up less space. I would very much so recommend wraps to swaddle. Swaddling has saved my husband and I on very exhausting nights. Love you, good luck with window shopping, so much fun. And, don't buy your car seat the night before you go into labor like I did. hehehe.
I saw someone at church yesterday who had a brown and green Graco car seat that had elephants on it...and thought of you.
wait! are you pregnant?!
You should get the Lexus baby stroller. With airbags. (If you've seen Baby Mama, you would know what I'm referring to.) :D
thanks for all the great suggestions! ivory soap = noted! jess thanks for that great link - we found a graco snap n go stroller on craigslist for $19 and got it, so steph we will definitely be getting a graco carseat :) evan thanks for your great suggestions, morgan and i spent hours discussing it... seriously though I need to find that elephant carseat! katie thanks for your suggestions yes we need to talk!! marci think i'm gonna have to watch baby mama again b/c i don't remember the lexus stroller :)
Probably because I quoted it wrong. The guy that's selling Tina Fey (lead actress in the movie) a stroller for her baby says, "Now this, now this is the Lexus of strollers." That's what he said, I'm pretty sure. It's been awhile since I've watched that movie..
I would say the absolute PARENT basics for the first few months of life are: Boppy pillow, bassinet (crib isn't necessary for a few months), travel system (car seat & stroller), and a bunch of diapers. I have never used a changing table with my boys and don't think it's a necessity although I imagine it brings a slight amount of convenience. I've only heard how people invested in one and then didn't ever use it, so we didn't bother with one. I highly recommend any pack & play for travel, trips to the park, and naptime at friends and families homes. Travel systems are especially awesome for the first few months when the baby falls asleep in the car often. You can transfer the baby out of the car and into the stroller without having to wake the baby. SwaddleMe swaddle blankets are the most effective in keeping your little bug snug all night long. The most important thing for your baby will be you. All the other gear is more for your convenience than for the baby. Trust me on that! :)
Post a Comment