

Wow so I definitely didn't think I'd make it this far. I was convinced as soon as I hit 37 wks the baby would come. She has a mind of her own & her own plan I guess. Well, I've been doing things to encourage baby to come, but she won't give in. Now I really have no idea when she will make her debut. My contractions will still pick up to being 4-6 min apart for even a couple of hours at a time, sometimes even lasting that way through the night & will wake me up because of the cramping. But beyond that, no progression to more of an active labor phase... Can you tell I'm impatient? I've never been very good at waiting. I'm noticing all the fun uncomfortable things that happens at the end of pregnancy. Like this relaxin that my body secretes to loosen my joints & make it easier for baby to be born - it actually makes it hurt to walk & makes my hips & pelvis feel really off. Like unless I'm laying down my back really hurts a lot. Like because baby's head is at zero station, I waddle when I walk & always feel that pressure when I'm standing or walking. Like everytime I get a contraction, I feel like I need to go to the bathroom, even if I just went. Like to get out of bed, or get off the couch, I have to do this sideways roll thing or have Morgan help me get up. Like if I want to wear socks or put shoes on (instead of just flip flops) I have to be a little more creative because it's really hard to reach my feet. Like shaving my legs is a little more difficult than it should be. Like sitting in my low beach chair is really awkward, especially when I need to get up. Like laying on my side to sleep has been getting uncomfortable because it's starting to hurt my hips. And finally, these contractions are more bearable when I'm lying down, if I'm sitting up/standing/walking they hurt quite a bit to where I almost want to stop walking.
This week Morgan's best friend Evan came to visit. He's here for a rotation for medical school & stopped by. It's been 3 1/2 yrs since they've seen each other! Here are some candid pics of them checking out his car before he took off :)
6 comments:
way to make it so far, girl! the worst think i remember was trying to sleep, my hips just aching and aching... it will happen so soon!
You are so adorable Chelsey! We thought she would be here by now, but this just means she is going to be fatter and cuter! She will be here before you know it!
I'm sad I couldn't make it for the visit. You still look SO cute Chelsey! I'm glad you posted pictures of the boys they are so funny together...I'm surprised they weren't wearing matching shirts or something;)
I totally understand Chelsey! I tried everything to get Mariel to come earlier (including lots of those long painful walks) and I mostly ended up hurting myself instead of forcing her to come... Still, she did come a week and a half early, so hang in there -I am SOOOO excited for you guys!
I was wondering if that baby had come already. Sorry you're so achey, but it will be worth it when she gets here. Whooo hoo! I wonder if she's going to be a brunette, auburn, or a straight-up redhead!
yes sounds like i'm not the only one with all these aches and pains lol. thanks andy! i thought she'd be here too but yes that means she's getting chubbier :) thanks amber! i wish you could've come - it was a lot of fun seeing them together again, but would have been even better to talk about our preggo stories while they talk & watch all their football :) christina yes those long walks hurt! and marci i'm hoping for a full head of hair with some red :)
Post a Comment