Thursday, October 11, 2012

11 months!

So on October 9th, Carly turned 11 months. Within the past week she has started scooting forward (as opposed to backwards, which was all she could do up to this point). Just little scoots until last night, we put it to the test with some baby puffs. I think I've got a long distance scooter on my hands. Babies beware! lol We've been having lots of fun with lots of new movement & new noises and squeals. Carly has 4 teeth, 2 on top & 2 on bottom. The top ones are just starting to show a little more now. We are now in the "put every little thing in your mouth" stage. She got a sticker from music class yesterday, which she didn't seem to notice so I left it, and later while I was driving she threw up and kept gagging until the sticker came out. I pulled over right away, confused at first why she threw up. No more stickers for Carly.

Funny moments over the past month:


  • Food thief. I went out to dinner with my friend Kathryn & ordered a veggie pizza. Apparently my pizza looked funner than her snacks, she started picking off toppings & eating them before I could stop her - onions & red bell peppers. Another time was at our ward social, Morgan was working that night, and Carly did not want to be set down. I managed to get dinner ok, but once I got my dessert plate, she got a finger full of pumpkin pie and ate it really quick. This girl cracks me up.
  • Hiding. I've started hiding from her. I like to put her on my bed and then hide on the side. This is how I can get her to move. She wants to find me and cracks up every time I just peek my eyes up to see her. She can now get to the edge of the bed to peer over and see me.
  • Chasing. Anytime Morgan and I play a game where one of us holds her up to walk and the other one chases, she giggles, kicks her legs around and tries to get away. 
  • Choir practice. Carly loves going to choir practice. She sings/yells along and really enjoys being there.
  • Music class. We go to a little music class at the YMCA. Carly is the exact opposite of how she is during our church choir practice. She is super shy and just stares.
  • Books. Carly will sit on the floor and just page through her books. She loves her touch & feel book and loves petting the rabbits and puppies. Last night, she was licking the puppy page over and over. I didn't see her licking the "fur" off the puppies, just the page around it. So I was surprised to pick up the book afterward and find the puppy "fur" soaking wet. It made me laugh. 
  • Noses. Carly loves to stick her fingers up peoples noses. Surprisingly, it doesn't get old...
  • Pics/Videos. Whenever I show her pics or videos of herself, she smiles and giggles/squeals (especially if she's giggling or squealing in the video). She will smile at the picture of daddy that shows on my phone when I'm calling him.



Wow. Where has the time gone? Can't believe we're just one month away from having a 1 yr old.

1 comment:

Evan said...

Sounds like little Carly has some fast hands with potential. I am sure under the apprenticeship of someone like Bill Sykes she could become quite the pick pocketess.