Sunday, March 17, 2013

16 months AND one on the way

Carly is the funniest person in our house these days. She likes to carry clothes around the house, put socks on her hands like a glove, try putting pants on her arms, and wear just about anything as a scarf. She knows that something should go in the phone jack in the wall and attempts every day to stick something in there. Usually the computer cord, and now we need to take it in and get a new one. The other day, she stole my phone charger from my room and was attempting to put that in the phone jack. We tell her "no" and take those things away when we catch her. One day, she was trying to be really sneaky even though daddy was watching her. Funny girl.

Carly loves babies. Whenever she sees a baby she wants to go touch the baby. And whenever I show her pictures of herself or other babies, she always gets a big smile on her face and loves it. She likes to twirl. She LOVES her daddy so much. Every time he comes home from work she says "dada", then giggles and runs to hide. Her "running" usually turns into falling as she is not coordinated enough to really run from him as she is giggling with excitement. There have been quite a few times over the past month that she has cried as Daddy leaves the house. She really wants to go with him.

Carly says "dada" like a pro now and has started saying "Dora" her favorite show Dora the Explorer, which she watches way too much of these days when all I want to do is lay on the couch. But she really loves it and will dance and "sing along" when it comes on. We are working on those difficult "mama" sounds, but usually I am also dada sometimes :( Someday, she will say my name.

She loves to go outside on walks. There is a slight hill up to get to our mailbox and she is so proud when she makes it up that hill. She can do it by herself. When she sees someone out walking their dog, she will try to follow them, even if they're really far away.

She is attached to one blanket. It actually surprised me because it's very recent, and I thought if she was going to get attached to something - it would have happened already. It's a very soft pink blanket that her Great Aunt Sue bought for her. She will go into her room, reach between the slats on her crib to grab it and pull it out. She will walk around the house dragging it with her. Luckily, it's not extreme (at least at this point). Her blanket doesn't HAVE to go everywhere, but she sure loves it.

So we've got another one on the way and Cary is going to be a big sister in October (but really I expect it will be September). We are so excited. I am even more excited to make it to my 2nd trimester so I will start feeling better. Although I am grateful that the morning sickness is not as extreme this time around. It's so crazy how 2 pregnancies can be completely different. Enough said, we think it's a boy :)



 Grandma came to visit this month. Thank goodness. It was nice having someone to dedicate time and attention to Carly (and to feed her).

 She pulled up her pant leg all on her own. And she thought she was so funny :)
 At Costco. Taking a break from pushing the cart :) She seriously won't sit in the cart, she would rather be walking AND pushing the cart. 
 We went to the zoo (for as long as I could last - not too long). 

3 comments:

thebalanceline said...

How fun! Carly is adorable. :) Congratulations on the 2nd baby!!

Evan and Amber said...

We're so excited about baby #2! Autumn also likes to push the cart.

The Chamberlain Family said...

I just love her personality! What a funny happy girl! I cant wait to hear her start saying words. Its so funny how they always seem to say Dadda first. I bet Morgan loves it!!!! Hope you start feeling well soon!!!!