Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter

This last week has been the start of feeling better. I have been able to eat "real" food - at least 1 thing just about everyday and have had some more energy. Last week on Monday, I got excited about Easter and went to the store to get all the supplies for Easter baskets. I had a lot of fun putting them all together and hid them. Morgan had no idea :) Sunday morning came and I put the baskets out. Carly woke up earlier than normal (as it seems she always does) and so I told Morgan we should let her go see her Easter basket and then he could go back to sleep for a while. He was surprised there was a basket for him too!

Carly LOVED her easter basket. The first thing she noticed was her little bunny. She picked it up and gave it three kisses. Then she took time looking at the eggs. Taking one egg, opening it. Going over to another egg, opening it. I wasn't exactly thinking, and honestly I wasn't sure if she would notice the other eggs I "hid" around the living room. I filled them with starburst jelly beans and reeses peanut butter eggs meant for Morgan & myself, but thought she would have fun finding them - if she even noticed them. Well, she definitely noticed them and proceeded to eat the jelly beans. Yes, a nutritious filled breakfast lol. I ended up picking all the eggs up, so she would stop eating jelly beans, and stop getting her sticky fingers and face all over everything. She went down for a nap pretty quick and I re-hid eggs filled with her snacks (like pretzels, puffs, teddy grahams, etc.). That was much better - and we took some to church and it kept her pretty occupied during sacrament meeting, opening the egg and eating the snack inside.





















The dress is actually from Grandma Diane & Grandpa Mike. We set it out for her to wear for her Easter dress and it was perfect. 

3 comments:

Evan said...

jelly starburst candy things may not be nutritious, but I hear they are great for your teeth. They protect them from like, all the bacteria in the mouth. Who wouldn't want that. I loved the pic with the glasses when we saw it on facebook.

Glad to see that you are feeling better too, that just sounds rotten how you've been feeling. Just curious,What is the 1 food that you are keeping down?

-Evan

The Chamberlain Family said...

She is adorable!!! Wish she could have had a Easter egg hunt with us at Grandmas house. Maybe next year! Glad to hear you are feeling better.:)

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

yeah apparently starburst jelly beans are recommended by dentists lol. hmmm my safety foods are apples & bread (not that i can always keep it down - it depends on the day). and yes carly would love an egg hunt at grandma's house :)