I'm so excited that I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. The end is in sight. This is especially good news as I sit here, having a contraction, and baby boy keeps pushing his foot out the side of my stomach as hard as he can. At night as I try to go to sleep, he likes to push against my ribs. Same spot. Every night. He's very active at night which makes me a little worried that he'll want to be awake during the night. Only time will tell I guess lol. We are so excited to meet this little man and I feel like we already have great expectations for him. Like, he better like to hunt and fish, shoot guns and bow & arrows, and play all the manly sports like football, basketball and soccer. We're hoping he has Morgan's fast-twitch muscles so he can sprint and be a little more coordinated than the girls in the family :)
Now on to our Carly girl. Carly is learning and growing every day. It is so fun to see her make connections. She likes to repeat the letters of the alphabet and is pretty good at it, but sometimes she's a little excited about "I" and "O" and will try to say those sooner and will repeat them over and over. She was making me laugh today as I kept saying a different letter and she was determined to say "I" or "O" instead. She has learned to say her on name - which I absolutely love. Now when she sees a picture of herself or sees her reflection in the mirror, she doesn't say "baby", instead she will say "cari". Pretty close. Carly has a giant panda bear (early birthday present from Grandma Barb & Grandpa Dan). She LOVES it. It's huge & soft and she will lay on it, kiss it, and lift up her shirt so she can rub her tummy on the soft fur.
We went out to eat this weekend. Carly was very focused while she colored on her children's menu.
After dinner, we did some shopping. This is what Carly usually does when we're in a clothes store. She loves to touch all the clothes as she goes by them.
Carly's panda bear. She seriously loves this thing.
Lately, Carly prefers to read Daddy's church books instead of her picture books. She will sit on the couch and flip through the books. No pictures. But she will sit there for minutes flipping through them.
She has been loving trying on her clothes. Above is her trying to get her swimsuit on over her clothes. Below is one of her Sunday dresses around her neck. How she's wearing it makes it look like a scarf...
Happy girl!








2 comments:
Autumn likes to stick her arms out the cart and feel the clothes at stores too! She also likes to touch all the fabric at fabric stores!
You're almost there! Which means I'm almost there (I'm a week behind you)! It's such an exciting feeling. Your sweet Carly is so stinkin' cute - I'm sure she's going to make a great big sister! Congratulations on everything!
Post a Comment