Friday, September 6, 2013

Island Park, ID

Our first Scoville Family vacation was the last week of August. We stayed in a cabin in Island Park, ID. Each couple was in charge of 1 day of cooking/preparing meals which turned out to be a good system. Morgan spent each morning fishing for a few hours. The regulations for fishing in the area were really strict - making it really hard to catch fish. Morgan still caught some fish though and even helped our nephew Kimball catch his first fish. We went on some walks & hikes.
 Carly loves kitties. My sister Rachel has one, but it was pretty scared of Carly lol. Amy was holding the kitty and Carly came up to pet it and after feeling how soft it was, she lifted her shirt up so she could rub her tummy on the soft kitty.
 Next, she rubbed her face on the soft kitty. This is what she likes to do with her soft blanket - rub it on her tummy & face. It was so funny to see her do this with the kitty.
 There was a fun area along the river where we thought we would be feeding fish.
 We've all got our bread ready to feed some fish! That's what we expected it to be like - but we ended up just feeding a bunch of ducks. Truth be told - I ate half my bread on the walk from the car to the bridge. What can I say? I'm pregnant.




 Carly loved seeing all the ducks and loved throwing pieces of bread into the water. Grandma Deanna was great with her and took her shoes on & off each time she wanted to put her feet in the water.


 Elise is dipping Carly's feet in the water. Every time I did this - Carly would squirm and try to get away like "Come on Mom - let go of me so I can play in the water." The water was shallow, but not shallow enough (or warm enough) for her to go in.





 Carly found Grandpa's hat and started wearing it around the cabin.
 Volleyball game. I only lasted 3 hits - the ball needed to be pumped up just a little more and I'm weak-sauce I guess. My mom is hard-core though - she plays every week. Maybe some day I will have the stamina she has :)

 Carly loves her shovel & bucket. Busy scooping. No time to pose for the camera.




We had a great time! I wish we could have stayed longer with the family, but Morgan had to get back to work. I don't have pics of our last day - where we rented some paddle boats. It was a lot of fun and very hard to pedal against the current in the river. Carly & Daddy went in an inflatable kayak and had a great time. The cabin was really big and nice with plenty of activities like ping pong, foosball, hot tub, volleyball, tetherball, etc. Of course nap times and evenings were spent relaxing and watching movies together. And who could forget cards. Our family is obsessed with nerts - so we had a few nerts competitions :) 

Pregnancy update: I'm 35 1/2 weeks. Just like my last pregnancy I have days where my contractions are 3-6 min apart. A few days I've had a couple hours where they speed up to 2-3 min apart. Just my body getting ready for a quick labor I think. Baby boy is at least 5 lb at this point and as long as I can make it to next week (36 weeks) then I'm in the clear to have a home birth. I am measuring small, but I was that way with my last pregnancy with no complications. Today is the first time I've thrown up since my first trimester. Pretty weird, but I've been resting a lot. I'm getting excited to meet my little man!

No comments: