Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December 2013 Part 1

Oh man I feel like time is just cruising by. It's exciting because I'm anxious for Benson to get a little older and be more consistent with his good sleeping nights. At the same time, I feel like he's growing way too fast. I still can't believe he's in 6 month clothes and some of those outfits are already seeming a little small on him… So not use to this crazy growing! I was sure Benson would be in the crazy percentiles at his 2 month appt but he's actually in the 50th % for weight. I guess it's just a big change for me only having Carly to compare him to. Benson has really good days/nights and really awful days/nights. I took him off his acid reflux medication last week because I wasn't sure if it was helping. And if it wasn't making a difference, it didn't really make sense to give it to him. I'm really hoping time will help him to be more comfortable. Benson has been having more smiley times. I love his little noises and his gummy smiles. Lately I've been singing a lot of Christmas songs and it just melts my heart that he will smile when I sing to him :)

Carly is getting smarter and smarter each week. Lately she likes to repeat the last word of everything I say to her. And I talk to her a lot about what we're doing, etc. so I think she's learning lots of new words. My favorites are words with "s" like "house" "toast" "toys"…. She cracks me up. There are a lot of words she's determined to say her way - like milk she says "neh". I have to teach Morgan these variations so that he knows what she's asking for. Carly went potty on the toilet recently, but it hasn't happened consistently or very often for that matter. Carly loves to climb and be a little dangerous. Overall she's a pretty good listener. Whenever we're walking somewhere she either has to hold my hand or the stroller. Now she's always determined to hold onto the stroller (even when Daddy's there to hold her hand). She has a great memory. One time I asked her to bring me the wipes (when I was getting ready to put Benson in his bath). Now every time I'm getting ready to put Benson in the bath, she says "wise" and gets the wipes for Benson. She also likes to throw away her own diaper. This started during a bath time - I asked her to put her diaper in the garbage and now she expects to do it each time. She's proving more and more to be a great helper.

 One of Carly's favorite things to say is "eyes" and point at her eyes, Benson's eyes, etc.




 We made gingerbread houses with our friends yesterday. Carly was clearly more excited about eating the treats than decorating the house. Well I guess the house making was more for me than for her anyway. She sure had fun eating lots of treats. She vocalized her approval by saying "num num num" as she ate :)
 Autumn is a pro because she decorates sugar cookies a lot with her mama.
 Just one more….
 Ava had better things to do than decorate a house. She decided to run rampant throughout the house. She kept herself occupied.

 I need to get Carly used to holding her little brother. Whenever she decides she's done holding him, she just lets go and squirms out from under him…. But at least this time, she held him a little longer and smiled :)

 When I undressed Benson for these next pics Carly was giggling and saying "toes" over and over. I guess it's funny when the baby is naked. She also started pulling at her shirt. Apparently she's already wanting to copy her brother.




Carly had better things to do than color some Christmas cards. Possible blackmail pic for the future?

No comments: