Friday, February 7, 2014

Benson's 4 months!

Benson will be 4 months tomorrow! Crazy! We had his Dr appt today and he weighed in at 15 lb 6.5 oz - 50th%, 26'' long - 90th% & head circumference 16 1/2 - 65th%. Holy cow! Our last pediatrician didn't tell us percentiles, so I'm surprised to hear he's in the 90th for height. Ok maybe not so surprised since he's wearing 9 month clothing lol. Carly was in the 90th only for her first pediatrician appt, but after was consistently in the 75th%. Big boy! We tried out a new pediatrician today and had a great experience. Score!
Benson at 3 months
Carly at 1 yr
He loves to shove his hands in his mouth. If he could, I'm sure both hands would be in his mouth (as he's obviously trying to in this pic). He really likes his thumbs, but isn't a thumb sucker - he just likes it in his mouth to chew on. He's rolled from front to back quite a few times. He loves Carly - anytime she's in view he likes to smile. Carly sure loves him - she'll call "baby baby baby!" when she sees him and then touch his face and say "hi hi hi". She likes to give him hugs & kisses and hold him (which usually lasts like 10 seconds). 

He's already said "mom" and Morgan can attest to that! Here's to hoping he doesn't wait as long as Carly to say "mama". This guy is a little flirt and loves to smile at all the ladies. He likes to drool and blow bubbles in his mouth. He has a killer pinch that is just coming to light. My arms & face have suffered quite a bit these past few days - ouch! He looks like a old bald man as he's been losing hair on the top of his head. He sure has a nice patch in the back though - mullet style. 

Barely still in size 2 diapers - I'm hoping to finish off the last of what I have before he's in size 3 with Carly. He's barely still in size 9 month clothing and has started wearing size 12 months. That length has got to be the reason we're jumping sizes so quickly! 

Fun fact: In the pic he's wearing jammies that Carly wore when she was 1 yr old (jammies are size 9 months). 

Carly's latest things:
  • She does this little rant in a high pitched girly voice: "I know I know I know."
  • She counts like this "One, two, five, eight, nine."
  • She pretends like she's in swim class and says "One, two" then closes her eyes and blows out her mouth.
  • Instead of just carrying her blankey around, she's also been carrying her dora blanket (from Aunt Rachel) and a soft elephant lovey from one of Morgan's employee's. 
  • Her favorite books have been from Grandma Barb - "If you give a mouse a cookie", the little critter's book "I just forgot" and an I-spy type book about Dora. She loves books.
  • There's a goofy kids CD we like to get from the library and she just loves to dance around to music.
  • My mom gave her a pack of socks for Christmas and they're all bright crazy colors. She LOVES them. Whenever I ask her to get socks on - she'll get a pair of these socks (and they never match her outfit). One day I put socks on her that went with her outfit and as I was getting ready, she came into my room with different socks on (from Grandma Deanna). 
  • Today at Benson's dr appt she kept lifting up her shirt. I think she was expecting someone to listen to her stomach and heart :)
  • We usually use different cups for different drinks. She has a milk cup, juice cup and a water bottle. If they happen to be out at the same time, she'll try to carry them around with her wherever she goes. Sometimes it looks really complicated. 
  • She likes to say "mommy" or "daddy" over and over until we respond.

No comments: