Thursday, April 24, 2014

April projects

My husband is amazing. We decided we wanted a King sized bed in our room, so after searching online for plans and not finding what we were looking for, Morgan designed our bed. We put together our shopping list & cut list and got to work. We have some great neighbors with a table saw - we definitely couldn't have cut our 4x4 without them :)
 My sanding station. Fancy! I know :)
Morgan designed the bed so that we could use bolts to hold it together. We wanted a bed that we could take apart and put back together. So here it is. We did 2x10's for the sides & head and a 2x12 for the baseboard. We're planning to add a headboard later.
 Benson is just cheering us on as we go!
 (And drooling away!)


 Morgan's drilling station.
 I did all the pre-stain conditioning & staining. (Life lesson learned: Try really hard not to get stain on your skin. Otherwise it will take days to get rid of.)
 Morgan put in these little "shelves" to hold some 2x4 braces.


Here is a project that I did ALL on my own. Ok technically Morgan cut the wood. I did sanding, staining, chalk painting, and some more sanding for the antique look. I am very pleased with the outcome.


Close up of the corner.

1 comment:

Evan said...

I am a little jealous of you right now Chelsea. I miss Morgan's handyman attributes, cuz in that area I am worthless. So are there any pictures of the finished product?
- Evan