Sunday, August 31, 2014

Catch up Summer 2014

You know when you are so far behind, you are afraid to get started on something because you realize all the catching up you have to do? That's how I feel about blogging. This summer has been so busy and we've been having a grand time. I cannot express enough how much I had missed the sunshine and how alive I have been this summer. The timing could not have been more perfect with a baby boy who is getting more and more mobile and independent. I am loving life. My Heavenly Father is so good to me.

I have found a lot of joy in exercise, healthy eating, and outdoor activities this summer. I am happy with my body and I honestly didn't think I would be for a long time. Having a baby really has a way of packing on the pounds and it's really hard to get rid of that weight. I noticed that even when I was exercising 5 days each week, I wasn't noticing a difference. The secret? It's no secret. Weight loss, maintenance, or gain is all about calories in vs. calories out. It wasn't until I changed the way I ate, that I really noticed a difference. I'm not going to call it a "diet" because I'm not on a diet. As I have used Myfitnesspal and analyzed what I normally eat, I have slowly made changes. I incorporate more veggies and fruits into my diet. Snacking really gets me, but I've worked to identify healthier snacks in advance: fruits, veggies, nuts, greek yogurt, and I've been dehydrating a lot of fruit to eat as snacks - it really satisfies my sweet tooth. I've lost between about 20 pounds and feel great. Everything is awesome! (Lego Movie quote)

I'm really sad now that summer is winding down. I'm not ready for all the rain and gloom that comes with fall/winter in the northwest here. I'm trying to gear up to keep myself busy & stay active and productive during the winter. I'm going to stay optimistic!

 Park fun on a windy day
Crossing a creek with Daddy 
 Kiddie pool. Carly's new favorite place to swim.
 They LOVE brushing their teeth. Benson cries when I take away the toothbrush lol.
 Our Lewiston trip. Carly loves her uncle "Bubba".
 Splash park with Grandma Diane. Pioneer day.
 The gorgeous running trail in Lewiston along the snake river. Half of my run in Idaho, cross the bridge, the other half in Washington.
 Splash park with Grandma Barb.
Carly thought it was hilarious to stand over the water. 


 Sweet Baby Bryden. 
3 cousins at Great Grandma Joyce & Great Grandpa Stan's.  
 The kids just chased this cat all over their house. Grandpa Mike & Grandma Diane.

 Great Grandma Joyce


Cracking up over Carly's "smile"

No comments: