Some more of Carly's "smile" for the camera. I would say it's a work in progress, but I really haven't seen any progress. It seems to be digressing lol.
Having a girl is so fun. I have been loving Carly's long hair. I love to put a bow in and put it up in a bun.
Benson loves to "drive" the car. Actually he's just thrilled anytime we've been driving and he finally is free from his carseat. Can't wait for him to be forward-facing.
Did a session at the Seattle temple finally! Oh the things you look forward to about your baby getting older :)
One of Benson's favorite books. He loves looking at himself in the mirror. He also loves seeing pics of smiling babies. (From Grandma Barb) Don't tell Carly it's her book. She has trouble sharing as it is.
Going down the slide with Daddy.
Carly is getting so big! It's so weird to see her on a "big swing".
This boy loves to hang upside down.
Pool time with the kids.
I love these two.
Daddy doing pushups and this is how Carly helps him. Apparently she thought she needed her shirt off too...
Our bonus room is no longer baby proof (as of a month or two ago). This guy learned to climb over the ottoman. We need to find another solution...
This guy loves to try putting the whole binky in his mouth.
Carly update: We are working on potty training. Actually it's probably termed "pre-potty training". I really haven't put her in panties or training pants lately. I have made a sticker chart though and give her treats for going to the bathroom on the potty. She doesn't seem too interested, but she's catching on more and more as time goes on. She is a great helper and has started showing interest in "helping" in the kitchen. She loves to read and is getting better with counting, shapes & ABC's. We're starting "homeschool pre-school" this week and I plan to work on one letter of the alphabet each week with her. Grateful for pinterest and all the ideas I have found online. Carly has recently started going down the covered/tunnel slides. She still loves playing in the sandbox and has recently enjoyed walking across the "tight rope" at the playground. When Benson wakes up and she hears him, she'll run to his room, climb into the crib and jump on his bed and talk to him. It's really cute.
Benson update: This boy has been walking for a month now and getting more and more independent. Sundays are hard - to keep him contained and be able to listen to the lessons, but it's really fun to see him walking around. His favorite things at the playground: the swing and the monkey bars. He loves to hold onto the monkey bars and just hang there. He can hold himself there for about a minute. That's my strong boy! He also likes to sit on the animals that rock around. Benson likes to pick on Carly a bit, by pulling her hair any chance he gets and trying to bite her. Typical baby beating up on his toddler sister :) Benson has been saying "Mama" for a few months now, but that's all he has said so far. I'm ok with that. It took Carly so long to say Mama that I am a very happy Mommy right now.
Both kids do really well in the double jogger when I have to take them running with me. Carly always insists on running, so I let her run at the end of my run - about 100 meters to the playground. She makes sure she has her watch or she asks for mine (since apparently a watch is required to go running). They keep me busy. It's a really fun stage of life.












No comments:
Post a Comment