Funerals are hard no matter how you look at them. I was grateful for the opportunity to spend time with family last weekend. My Grandma, my last living grandparent, passed away the morning of Nov 4th. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer last year. She was taking a low dose chemotherapy medication that initially was helping, but stopped responding. She was recently told that without doing anything she would only live 3 months. We were hoping to see her during Thanksgiving. It was less than a week from the time she fell in the middle of the night to not being able to even hold a cup of water. The morning of November 4th I was making plans to drive to Spokane the following day after hearing of the fast decline in function. Amidst the planning, she passed away. It was probably a blessing that she went quickly and didn't have to endure much suffering. She was surrounded by loved ones as she passed on.










1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your last grandparent. Those passings are tough. I hope you and the family are doing well. - Evan
Post a Comment