Monday, December 8, 2014

Catch up Dec 2014

I'm thinking I'll be making a new years resolution about blogging a little more frequently. It'll probably be specific - like - every month. It's fun to reflect through pictures and events and see how much the kids have grown.

Adventures of late:
Carly is growing up so fast. We have officially started potty training this last week. I decided this a few weeks ago since this would be our last big trip for a while. We began the day after getting back and it's gone really well. Each night she has stayed dry and only had very minor accidents (like not even soaking her panties) and the past 2 days she has only had one minor accident each day. It's going well. Now the potty rewards have significantly decreased. If she asks, she gets a treat (like 1 piece of fruit snack or a tiny piece of licorice, a chocolate chip or a mini-marshmallow).
Carly is all girl and loves to sing. The moment we got home from our Thanksgiving trip, she changed herself into a dress and then frolicked around the house singing "Let it go". This session at the YMCA she is in her first ballet class. I think I might be more excited than her about this. She had a fun time with her friend Ginny. We'll see how this week goes.
Benson is quite the busy man and all boy. He loves to help "clean up" once he hears the clean up song. He is very observant and likes to copy the things he sees us do. The other day he climbed up to the sink and then was rubbing his hands together (as if washing his hands). He loves to be held and see what's going on. The next best thing is holding his hand. I love holding my hand out to him and having him walk with me holding my hand. He still likes to bite and pull hair, so Carly is still a little fearful of him (as she should be).
The kids really play together these days. Carly will set up food for them at the little table and they will sit down and pretend to eat & drink. They take turns pushing each other in the play stroller. It's really fun to see them interact. Carly reminds me a lot of myself - she is bossy and gets frustrated if her panties aren't fitting just right :)
Carly has been calling every meal "dinner" lately. She also pretends to talk on her phone, usually calling Amy or Kimball.

 Benson's last pic of his hair before his first hair cut. Bitter sweet. Happy to see the mullet go, but now he looks like a big boy :(
 I have done this a few times with the kids at the YMCA, but now if Benson is having a turn, Carly thinks she can squeeze in any time she wants... :)
 My cousin Barbie is awesome and Carly adores her. She came to take Carly out for a little date. They went jewelry shopping in style.
 Benson has pretty much mastered the stairs. I am happy to report I no longer use random things like our ottoman to block the stairs. Success.

We survived a long, long drive to Idaho Falls (13ish hours) for Thanksgiving. It was so nice to be with my family and see ALL of my siblings. It was a little iffy at first because my sister-in-law was almost full term and didn't know if the baby would cooperate with our plans, but they made it. One of my brothers just moved to Salt Lake and is working, but was able to get off AND get a ride home in time to surprise everyone and spend time with the family. So all the iffy people made it and our family was complete! It was awesome. My favorite parts were: our sibling & spouse date night out to Froyo & playing card games.


 This is one of my favorite pics of late. We drove through Montanna on our way to Idaho Falls and spotted this beauty. Love it. Statue pics are one of my favorite things.
 Carly enjoyed seeing her cousin Baby Matthew. She also enjoyed giving him little kisses.
 Benson enjoyed meeting his soon-to-be-newest baby boy cousin :)
 Carly Daddy built the tallest duplos tower ever. Then had Carly pose with him in the picture lol.
 Then Benson saw it. You can see what happened next.
 One day was spent at the arcade. My brother Josh is pretty goofy. Love that guy.


 My brother Jacob really bonded with Benson this trip and took him around to play games.
 My Dad spent some 1:1 time with Carly.
 So I guess I had to find a way to occupy my time. I felt lost at first with no kids to take care of. Then I found what I should do. DDR....
 Round 1 was pretty intense. Honestly I was surprised we made it to the last round.


 Some stretching. Getting ready for the next round of course.
 And round 2 lasted for like 10 seconds...
 Next on the list: laser tag. This was my absolute favorite thing. I'm thinking I need to do this at least once a year. It was the perfect combo of exercise, fun and feeling like a secret agent. Need I say more?


 Then our Froyo sibling date. Very fun. Much more crowded than I anticipated, but the ice cream was delish!
 Grandpa playing with the two littlest grand babies.
 The morning we left, Grandma fed this happy little boy oatmeal. He was loving being at Grandma's house because she has this short table (normal height - unlike our tall table at home) - he was able to climb up on the chairs AND the table. Dangerous boy.
 On our drive out of Idaho we hit this temp. Crazy. 2 degrees.
 And we found a Cafe Rio in Montanna! Woot! This made our day!!! I love their sweet pork.
 Side note: I love colgate wisps. I always have them in my purse. I hate the feel of gritty teeth and so I love having a way to brush my teeth on the go. Carly also loves these things! I'm thinking she needs to advertise for them.
 Went for a run in the cold city of Liberty Lake. That is the Lake in the background. Beautiful scenery, killer hills.
 Aunt Janene made Carly a homemade Olaf bag with a Frozen activity inside. She was very excited!
 Benson joined his cousin for a little piano duet. This was a fun night with Morgan's side of the family - singing some Christmas songs and then each of the kids took a turn playing a song on the piano.
Then some Christmas ornament painting. This was Carly's "smile" today. Sometimes I can't get enough of these awkward smiles.

No comments: