So for the last 1 1/2 months I have been working on these pillows. Every time I go to the store, I always see way cute decorative pillows that I want to buy. I am always convinced that they will spruce up my apartment and make it look so much better, but they are always SO EXPENSIVE. So instead of paying $30/pillow I decided to find the pillows I loved and just copy the general idea. Morgan, believe it or not, contributed some of the greatest pointers for making these pillows look great. And thanks to makeit-loveit.com I was able to implement Morgan's great ideas :D I am a little over half way done. These are the two pillows completely done, and now I'm just waiting on Joann's to get the last two pieces I need....then there will be four beautiful decorative pillows. Each pillow I made is hand-embroidered with a unique design, hand stuffed by Morgan with feathers, and finished with a bias tape piping.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
DECORATIVE PILLOWS!!!
So for the last 1 1/2 months I have been working on these pillows. Every time I go to the store, I always see way cute decorative pillows that I want to buy. I am always convinced that they will spruce up my apartment and make it look so much better, but they are always SO EXPENSIVE. So instead of paying $30/pillow I decided to find the pillows I loved and just copy the general idea. Morgan, believe it or not, contributed some of the greatest pointers for making these pillows look great. And thanks to makeit-loveit.com I was able to implement Morgan's great ideas :D I am a little over half way done. These are the two pillows completely done, and now I'm just waiting on Joann's to get the last two pieces I need....then there will be four beautiful decorative pillows. Each pillow I made is hand-embroidered with a unique design, hand stuffed by Morgan with feathers, and finished with a bias tape piping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Those are so awesome! I wish i was talented like that to make those!
That is awesome! They look great! I always see those decorative pillow tutorials but never have the courage to try it. You are brave and talented;)
So awesome! I love them. I wish I had the patience do make some!
Love them! Hooray for creativity! You did great.
Oh my! Aren't you the most creative pillow maker I've ever seen. I want to be just like you when I grow up! :D
very cool!! And all those stuffing lessons with Morgan finally came in handy:D ( Remember the washcloth snowmen at Christmas time? Mom
Those are So Cute!!!!!! I can't believe you made those! Want to make me some? :)
They even look better in person! I would know!!!! I love them.
I love those pillows.
Post a Comment