IDEA #1: Allow Individuals To Purchase Health Insurance Across State Lines
IDEA #2: Encourage Small Businesses And Trade Associations To Band Together And Form Association Health Plans
IDEA #3: Give Individuals The Same Tax Break Given To Businesses When They Buy Health Insurance
IDEA #4: Incentivize The Use Of Electronic Medical Records
IDEA #5: Give People The Tools To Make Cost-Conscious Decisions About Their Health Care
IDEA #6: Increase The Number Of Community Health Centers
IDEA #7: Incentivize State Medical Malpractice Reform
IDEA #8: Enhance Health Savings Accounts
IDEA #9: Incentivize State Insurance Reform
IDEA #10: Adopt A Sensible Program To Cover Those With Pre-Existing Conditions
He has descriptions beneath each idea. Brilliant ideas. I especially liked #6. This semester in nursing school I am taking a community class & clinical. In clinicals, we go to a middle school and teach 6th graders about obesity; focusing on nutrition & exercise. Really, this is a big part of health that we are missing out on - PREVENTION. A big problem in our health system now revolves around Emergency Departments. Education and community centers could really help with this problem. There are so many diseases out there that are preventable or can be controlled, but people lack the knowledge to help themselves. We need more community centers so that we can help people to help themselves.
2 comments:
Cool! I love this post! His ideas are great. I loved what you said about helping people help themselves. That is what my degree is all about, but in family life. I feel like if education and prevention were emphasized in every aspect of life, we could save a lot of grief, time and money. Cool and I'm glad he won! We're moving to Florida now!
Yeah, i wouldn't really listen to any idea from someone who has a name that can also be the name of a girl. Plus, if he thinks I will call him Dr. he has something coming, I will call him Dentist Ball. or DB for short, like DirtBag. ACtually, I like Morgan, he was my first wife. He actually has really good ideas. However, obama has already incentivized EMR. I'm not a fan. I am not allowed access at write progress notes, whereas before, I could write one in the chart and the resident and doc would just sign off on it. Additionally, they should know how to type. I am currently at a community center and the doc types with two fingers. S........L........O.......W....... He doesn't look at the kiddo's parents much cuz he is busy repeating their history slowly to make it sound like he is listening but really it's because that's how fast he types.
There's my two bits on your ideas morgan. And I will call you doctor and you will work on my teeth.
Evan Norby
Post a Comment