Thursday, March 10, 2011

Alcohol Prep Pad


It's 2:05am and I am trying my hardest to make it to 3am before I go to bed. Tomorrow, or rather, tonight will be my first shift of my practicum in Mother Baby. I am very excited, but very tired at the moment.

Yesterday, Morgan and I were studying, when he decided he wanted to use my stethescope to listen to my jaw?? Yeah, that may sound weird, but we suspect I have TMJD and my jaw clicks. Anyway, I told him to use an alcohol swab to clean it first. Once he found an alcohol swab in my bag, he tore it open. All of the sudden I hear... "Are you kidding? People really use these? Honey, did you get these from the NICU?" Oh my goodness. I couldn't help but laugh, and really loud. I am so use to these alcohol swabs that I have never really considered the size... They are actually really small, not ideal for many things.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I thought this post was going to be about this contamination:
http://directory.leadmaverick.com/Perdue-Kidd-Attorneys-Counselors-At-Law/HoustonSugar-LandBaytown/TX/2/2018/index.aspx
Don't know if you can click on this link but if you can't, copy/paste cuz it's worth reading...so sad.

Evan and Amber said...

Yes they are small now that you mention it, that must be why they are grabbed in hand-fulls. I'm surprised that Chelsea is already lifting hospital property and she is not even an employee yet. Good for you Chelsea.

Hey, what other uses of a stethescope can we find for dentists...Hmmm maybe using the ear pieces to keep open patient's mouths?