So today my brother called me to tell me about his hot date this week :D We don't get good service in our house, so I always go out on the porch to make or take phone calls. As we were talking, it started getting really stormy. Kind of surprising since we had left church just an hour before & it was sunny & VERY HOTTT. Our car was steaming & the a/c didn't really feel like it had kicked in until we home (20 minutes later). Well, I start hearing some thunder & it's getting windy when all of the sudden a chunk of ice comes flying across the porch. Within seconds, HUGE chunks of ice are falling from the sky. Morgan comes out right away, grabs his keys & moves the car. The ice chunks were so loud with anything they hit. It was crazy. It was Morgan's idea to wear the helmet - I think it adds to the dramatic effect. Seriously though, I'm glad I wore it because a bunch hit my helmet as I went out to get some of the ice chunks & they were coming down really hard!
p.s. do you see that stomach? well you may not see it but there is a little baby bump....
The new development of the week is my little baby bump. Funny because you actually only notice it if I'm wearing a skinny t-shirt. Most people can't tell I'm pregnant though. Actually, this week I went to Motherhood Maternity & the woman working there came to help me. She asked me if I was shopping for a friend. I told her I was shopping for myself. She kind of got a funny face but said, "Congratulations! How far along are you?" I told her 16 1/2 weeks. Then she got the funny face again...
Well the truth is that I have just come back up to my pre-pregnancy weight, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that people find it hard to believe that I'm pregnant. It did make me laugh later :D
This week Morgan and I went up to Naples for the day & hung out with Dan & Audrey. It was a lot of fun & I finally felt like I was truly on vacation. They were the perfect tour guides & showed us around the HUGE city of Naples :) We got to see downtown, the mansions, and then hit up the beach. We saw dolphins at the pier - they were eating all the fishes off people's fishing poles. We saw another dolphin closer to shore & Morgan tried to chase it :D Fun to watch! That night we walked around downtown & got some delicious ice cream - Naples Mud! Yummm! My new favorite! Thanks Dan & Audrey for a wonderful day!
I have been keeping busy studying for the NCLEX, which I take on June 21st & reupholstering my baby rocking chair. Morgan just finished up his 2 week break & now is officially a 4th year dental student!!! woot! Well, he's been a 4th year since May, but now he gets to start wearing the 4th year color of scrubs - surgical green :)
1 comment:
You look great! I can't see your baby bump so maybe you should put on a skinny shirt so we can see it :)
Post a Comment