Wednesday, June 29, 2011

IT'S A GIRL!!!

This one shows baby's blood flow.

This is the perfect picture that shows our little baby curled up in a ball, sitting with her legs crossed. She liked this perfect little nook in my uterus & we almost didn't get to find out the gender...




Her heart rate today was 152.






And what a little naughty girl she is :) Like I said, we almost didn't get to find out the gender. The woman doing the ultrasound showed us how she was all balled up (she's already taking on the family name) and sitting with her legs crossed in a little nook right next to my bladder. It was fun to hear the heartbeat and see her pretty little face, but once she told us she didn't know if we could figure out the gender, we got really worried. I tried a couple of things to start, changing positions and turning on my side...nothing. Baby was very comfortable where she was and she was sleeping. So then I got up and did some jumping jacks, jumped around a bit & pushed on my tummy a little. When I laid down again, baby had moved and her legs were uncrossed. I'm looking at the screen but don't really know what I'm looking at, and then the woman says, "It's a girl." Of course Morgan says, "Yeah, we already knew it was a girl." And I clarify by saying he's been saying the baby is a girl ever since we knew we were pregnant. Good thing she looked for the gender right away because within minutes, our little girl had already moved back into her comfortable little nook, balled up with her legs crossed again....

FYI: she is head up, but that's alright because we've got time for her to move around more & decide to be head down later. The placenta is located at the fundus (top of the uterus) & we want it to stay there :) looking good little baby girl!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha your husband is funny! "yeah we already knew it was a girl." lol. that cracks me up. i know everybody is different but i figured it was a girl because you've been so sick and it seems like all my friends who were so sick, it was always girls!

Jennifer Karyn said...

Congrats that is SOOO exciting!

Tara : Damon : Ellis : Hudson said...

Yay!! Congrats! She will move, if not, play a game of airplane with morgan, that worked for us at 34 weeks... She is going to be so cute

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

I knew it! My baby gender radar never fails me! Congrats Chels and Morgan!!!

Deanna said...

So exciting! Hello little granddaughter!