Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall and Food

Oh how I have missed Fall. The leaves falling, the many different colors of leaves, and different textures. Yes let's talk about texture. Why do I love crunchy leaves? I don't know, but I love to step on leaves and hear them crunch. As I have been training for a half marathon, that has been my enjoyment during my runs now that Fall has come. Weird, I know, but it's the truth.

I'm obsessed with some new recipes that I've tried. First of all, stuffed peppers. Yum! And that's really all I have to say about that. Not sure I'm a huge basil fan, but I reduced it just a bit and LOVE it in the stuffed peppers, as well as, this salmon recipe. The combo was to die for. Ok, I really love salmon too. The other new recipe I've tried recently is this Asian Beef with Snow Peas. Honestly, I didn't have snow peas so I used broccoli. Note to self: cook the veggies separate (not with the sauce). The sauce is great on the beef, not so much on the veggies. Basically, I love allrecipes.com. I type in what I'm looking for and then sort it based on popularity. I tend to get really great recipes that way.

Disclaimer - first thing in the morning picture. I had to post this because it was HILARIOUS. It was a little bit chilly, so I thought I would stick Carly in my robe. She thought it was funny and was smiling and laughing a bit. I stood in front of the mirror so she could see, and she thought it was hilarious.
Little Miss Carly May turns 11 months on the 9th of this month. Wow, I can't believe how time has just flown by. She is just starting to scoot a tiny bit lol. Someday she will crawl... someday. She had her first ear infection this last week. Really sad. But, after just a few doses of amoxicillin, she was a totally different girl. Sleeping and eating much better. More about her on her 11 month post to come!

3 comments:

Heidi McLeod said...

I know, I have loved the fall feeling here!!!! I actually started a post similar to this last night... I didn't realize how much I missed it either. Now in the middle of the winter we will prob. miss S. Fl winters, but for now I am lovin' this cozy weather!!!

Evan said...

How come the blog title is Chelsea N' Morgan, yet I never see pictures of this Morgan person? Does he/she exist? Why not rename it to, " the life and times of CC", or "C & C events factory". I'm calling for people everywhere to stop visiting """Chelsea N' Morgan""" until this egregious faux pas has been rectified. And if the responsible parties do not correct fix this, their punishment should be a short half mile visit to "THE CHAIR" where much pain and suffering will be inflicted! Now, who is with me?! We want Morgan! We want Morgan! We want Morgan! [ and the crowd goes wild]

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

yes i am loving this cozy weather too & looking forward to drinking a cup of hot chocolate very soon :) evan you have a very good point. please stop all this crazy protesting, i will fix it! i will!