Saturday, July 24, 2010

EXTERNSHIP - cardiac stepdown unit


I have been searching and searching for the past three months for an nursing externship... In Broward County, evidently, these positions are hard to come by. I had finally decided that I probably just needed to work as a nursing assistant or volunteer to get at least some experience and do some networking while I was in school. Externships are the best experience though because they provide you with multiple things: 1. experience in the field 2. exposure to hospital systems (procedures, protocols, charting, etc.) 3. networking 4. a job when you graduate from your program. All great things right? I GOT AN EXTERNSHIP IN A CARDIAC STEPDOWN UNIT AND I'M SO EXCITED!!! I just bought my first pair of non-teal scrubs yesterday, along with my first ekg calipers :D

5 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

Wow congrats! That's awesome!!

Evan and Amber said...

SO exciting!!!Evan just finished his Cardio rotation and really enjoyed it...and he stole his Doctor's calipers...on accident so he says

The Chamberlain Family said...

That is great news! Congratulations. WE are missing you right now. Clasen said last night. Where is Chelsey? She is in Florida. She is all ayone?

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

THANK YOU!!! @andrea - i am so missing you guys right now. it's so hard to be alone and to have morgan enjoying all the family fun! especially when he told me last night he was running around with the kids. i so want to be there! clasen is so cute :)

Deanna said...

Where's the pic of the ekg calipers? I don't even know what that is?