Friday, February 3, 2012

Learning Lots

Got milk?
Carly's favorite toy. And mine :)

I love my little Miss Carly and sure have been learning a lot like...
  • Prioritizing. Once she's down for a nap, I'd better do the most important things first since I have no idea how long she'll sleep for. Like eating, going to the bathroom, showering....
  • Dinner. It's better to prepare dinner sooner rather than later. Some days I make dinner earlier in the day & refrigerate it until Morgan texts me that he's on his way home - then stick it in the oven, or whatever to get it ready.
  • Walks. Carly loves being outside and moving - so walks are something we've started doing on a daily basis. It's great for me to get out of the house, get some sun, and some exercise.
  • Sleep. When she's ready to sleep I'd better put her down relatively soon or else she'll have a meltdown. Last week I did 2 different things with friends and left early both times because of a fussy baby. She had meltdowns both times :(
  • Poop. It's not just a special occasion, it's a daily occurrence with this baby. Don't wear anything you care about in the morning because baby will have a blow out and you will have to change anyway. I've tried moving up to size 2 but she had it anyway, so we're gonna finish off size 1. I've tried different brands: Huggies, Pampers, Costco, Luvs, next we're trying Target Up & Up brand...
  • Pumping. I don't do it because I want to store extra milk, but because baby will have nights where she wakes up and only wants to eat on one side and go back to bed. The first couple times I just went back to sleep. Then I realized what a mistake that was when I was engorged. Ok not doing that again. That's ok I guess - even though I'm tired - at least I have baby food storage lol. Blessings right?
  • Church. Church has been really hard this year (all 1 month of it). 1pm church should not exist for family wards I'm thinking. When we had 11am church it was perfect. She always slept right through it. Today it was: sit still and be good through half of sacrament, then fall asleep = power nap I guess. She woke up not too long after and started getting fussy. Tried to feed her but she didn't want to be fed. Wrapped her in a blanket and gave her a binky. Was ok for the first part of sunday school but then wasn't happy even with me standing in the back, bouncing her. Well we left because I don't see the point of being at church if I'm just walking the halls anyway. At least during Sacrament meeting, if I had to be in the mother's room - I would still be able to hear the speakers. And wouldn't you know that right as we pulled down our street - she was fast asleep?
  • Toys. I finally get to start giving her toys to play with!!! I'm so excited! She's been able to hold onto a couple different toys! So fun!
On to New Years Resolutions. I've been working out 3-4 times a week. Cooking at least 3 meals each week. Reading my scriptures daily. Going on lots of walks. And working on down-sizing and de-cluttering the house in preparation for our big move this summer. Life is busy but oh so good!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Sunday is such a battle. And as soon as you get your baby's routine to match up with church, there is Daylight Savings, or Daylight Spendings (whatever they call the other one)or the New Year comes and your ward changes it's starting time. It never seems to end! So hard on all the babies. and their parents. All of the nursery babies have been melting down in our ward. Those poor leaders. What a nightmare.

I considered just keeping Rachel home from church while she needs naps. "What's the point?" I have thought many times. Especially when I couldn't even go in to Sunday School or RS; and I felt bad for making her suffer by not getting her regular naps, and she never ate well in the Mother's Lounge since everyone is so loud in there...
But I figured, Moms have been bringing their kids to church for decades. What am I going to do when I have 4 kids? Just keep everyone home? Everyone has had this same exact experience. I can do it.

sigh! It's rough, and it seems to mess up the whole weeks bedtime/napping schedule, but at least I can feel the Spirit, and know that I'm teaching Rachel that church is where we go on Sundays.

(this was not supposed to be a lecture. does it sound like a lecture? delete it if it does.)

cHelsEy N mOrgAN said...

no not at all. thanks i appreciate your insight. that's true though - what do you do when you have 3 or 4. good things to think about. thanks for posting.

Chris & Christina Taylor said...

Sundays are always a battle for us... We can both normally keep Mariel content and quiet during sacrament meeting (its definitely a combined effort!) and then we normally take turns for Sunday school and RS. He'll take her during one hour, and I'll take her during the other. Not fun, I know, but we want to at least teach her that its important to be at church (even though some Sundays I get nothing out of it). Still, there is a light at the end of the tunnel -she starts nursery in two weeks!!!!!!! lol. You're doing great, Chelsey, keep it up! I think having a baby has made me appreciate all the more the lessons taught at church -or at least the chance to hear them :)

Deanna said...

One thing I know about Chelsey Ball is she will get it all figured out. You can do it.